INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- In order to better serve you we may require that you submit information such as your name, phone number, email address, date of birth, login name and/or password, mobile phone number, payment card number, and/or your geographic location.
- If a merchant offers a loyalty program or coupon through the Service, we may require that customers submit information such as their name, phone number, email address and/or mobile phone number.
- For merchants using our Service, you must submit your bank account and related information about financial institutions where you conduct business.
- In order to identify our merchant accounts, we may obtain information about you from third-party verification services and credit bureaus.
- For merchants and/or consumers using our Service, we may record your account transactions, transaction location, and information about your computer or device, as applicable.
- If you provide us information to improve our products, like responses to customer surveys or communications with our customer service team, we may record this information for training purposes.
- For ACH transactions, we collect necessary financial information, including banking account number and banking routing number. To ensure the security of our customers' information, all ACH transactions require explicit approval before proceeding.
In order to track how our website is used, we (or our service providers) may place “cookies” on your computer or device. Cookies are small data files that identify you when you use our Services. You have the option to decline our cookies by using your browser's settings tools, but this may interfere with your use of the Service.
Log File Information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you register with or view our website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Protecting Personal Information
Any information that can be used to identify a person is “Personal Information”. This does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous. All information is securely stored on servers in the United States. Our safeguards and procedures have been implemented in a manner designed to be in accordance with US state and federal law and regulations to maintain the physical and electronic security of our software, services and your Personal Information. Our measures include firewalls, system-wide data encryption, physical and electronic access controls, and strict rules regarding the access and use of data on our system.
Using Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide you the features and functionality of the Service and to ensure that you have a safe, high-performance experience when using the Service. When you use the Service, including accepting a payment, requesting funds, contacting customer service or requesting technical support, in addition to many other interactions with the Service, we will apply the information that we have collected. Knowing this information allows us to verify your identity, communicate with you, and enforce our agreements with you, as well as provide the best possible experience for all customers. We may also use this information to measure how our members use the Service and to improve and enhance our offerings to you. We may use certain information about you without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our website;
- Provide custom, personalized content and information;
- Monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
Sharing Personal information
Companies who provide us a range of essential operations including fraud prevention, transaction processing, collections, and managed technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
Verification services and credit bureaus to underwrite your application for POSaBIT and/or DoubleBeam accounts and to comply with our legal credit reporting rights and obligations.
Financial institutions that allow us to offer you payment processing services, and partner with us to develop new offerings for you and other merchants.
Law enforcement authorities or government representatives may require us to share information in order to comply with court order, legal process and other legal mandates, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to report suspicious activities, fraudulent or illegal activity, prevent physical harm, financial loss, or violations of our agreements and policies.
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Consumer, merchant, transaction, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
From time to time, we may run contests, special offers, or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service together with third-party partners. If you provide information to such third parties, you give them permission to use it for the purpose of that Event and any other use that you approve (and in such instances their privacy policies may apply). We cannot control third parties’ use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a third party, you can choose not to participate in these Events.
Compromise of Personal Information
Your Choices About Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit your Personal Information through the Service, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You can review and correct the information about you that POSaBIT keeps on file by contacting us as described below.
POSaBIT does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register with our Service. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any Personal Information to POSaBIT in connection with the Service. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as described below.
Links To Other Websites
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our website, as determined by POSaBIT in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
Updated 01 MAY 2018